|Important: Before you continue with the changes, make sure that new domain name you are switching to is already registered. And we recommend to create backups with your emails and your website for precaution.|
You can change the main domain of your Web Hosting or Email Hosting services. You may send an email to our Support Team indicating the current hosted domain name and the new domain name you are switching to.
You may also go through the steps below:
- Visit Vodien SG or AU website.
- Click My Account at the top of the page.
- Make sure that Account Manager is selected from the drop-down list.
- Enter your username and password, click Log In.
- Click the service and look for the domain name you’d like to do changes with.
If you only have one Web or Email hosting service, you’ll be redirected to its management page.
- Click the Hamburger Icon and choose Change Domain.
- If your domain is registered with Vodien, choose Select from My Account and from the drop-down list, choose the new domain name.
Or, choose Enter a domain or subdomain, and type your new domain name.
- Click Accept Change button.
Once done, give it at least 30 minutes before the changes are applied. From there, you can change your name servers, click the guided link on how to change name servers.
What Affects Changing My Domain
When you change your main domain name on your hosting account, the following are affected: email, website, files, subdomains, and your search engine rank.
If you are using Content Management System (CMS) or other website software like WordPress, you must be aware that changing the main domain is just the beginning of the many configurations that you need to change. Basically, once you change your domain name you will need to setup everything from the start.