Changing your email password is a simple but effective way to improve your online security. By following these easy steps, you can help protect your personal and sensitive information from unauthorized access.
Choose which email hosting you have:
- Professional Email – Choose this if you have any of the following: Professional Email, Web Hosting, Business Hosting, and Website Builder.
- Microsoft Office 365 – Choose this if you have email hosting on a Microsoft 365 platform.
You can change your professional email password in two ways:
Changing your email password in cPanel is a straightforward process that can be completed quickly. Follow the steps below.
- Access your hosting control panel.
- Under Email, click Email Accounts.
3. Look for the email address in question and click its corresponding Manage button.
4. Enter the New Password in the box provided under Security. The new password needs to meet the system requirement strength of 20.
|Tip: Click Generate if you want the system to generate a password for your email. You can copy this password and paste this anywhere you want to keep it.|
5. Scroll down and click Update Email Settings to save the changes within the page.
A message will show on the page that changes are saved successfully to the email account.
In this section, we will provide you with a detailed guide on how to change your email password in webmail, including screenshots to help you navigate the process. You need to have your current email password for this process.
- Access webmail using either of the links:
Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name.
2. Enter your email address and current password to log in.
3. Click your email address on the upper right side of the page to see the drop-down menu.
4. Choose Password & Security.
5. Enter the New Password twice in the fields provided and click Save.
A message will show once the changes are saved successfully.
Microsoft Office 365
Change your Microsoft Office 365 password using the steps below. You will need your current password for this process.
- Log in to Office 365 via https://www.office.com/.
- Click the Gear icon on the top right and click on Change your password.
3. Type in the Old password for verification, and the new password twice. Then, click Submit.
Wait for the confirmation page to show that the password is successfully changed.