One of the DNS Records that gets changed from time to time is the MX Records. If you have your email hosted with us, this will be set automatically. If you are with a different provider they will be providing you with (1) one or more MX Records, which you need to add.
Before changing the MX Records, you will need to check your Name Servers. This way, you will have an idea where to manage your MX Records. Refer below for Voldien’s Name Servers:
If you’re using the Name Servers above, then this article will help you manage MX Records via your Account Manager or Hosting Manager.
Manage MX Records via Account Manager
Here are the steps on how to manage your MX records via your Account Manager:
- Visit the Vodien SG or AU website.
- Click My Account at the top of the page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected from the drop-down list.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Domains from the top menu.
- Click on the Domain Name that you wish to manage.
If you only have (1) one domain, you will automatically be routed to its management page.
- Scroll down to the External Editor DNS section, then click the Manage DNS button.
(Make sure to allow pop-ups for the Vodien website.)
- To update an existing MX Record, scroll through the list to look for the MX Record that you wish to update, then replace the current values.
Or, add a new MX Record: Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the Select record type and add option, select MX Record, then click the Add button and enter the values required.
- Once done, click the Update button at the bottom.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully managed your MX Record via Account Manager.
Manage MX Records via Hosting Manager
Adding MX Records via the cPanel would mean that your domain name has its own hosting services or is an addon/alias on one. Here are the steps on how to manage your MX Records via your Hosting Manager:
- Log in to the cPanel using this link format: http://yourdomain.com/cpanel/
(Replace yourdomain.com with the Main Domain Name connected to your hosting.)
- Scroll down to the Domains panel, and click on the Zone Editor icon.
- Look for the domain that you wish to manage, or use the Filter by domain search box to quickly locate it.
- To add a new Mx Record, click on the MX Record quick access link, then enter the corresponding values.
Or, to update an existing record: Click the Manage link scroll through the list to look for the MX Record, click on the corresponding Edit link, then replace the current values.
- Click on the Save Record or Add Record button.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully managed your MX Record via Hosting Manager.
|NOTE: Once the change or the update is done, allow 2 – 4 hours propagation time for the internet to cache the correct information. This applies to changes done on both the Account Manager and Hosting Manager.|