Should I transfer my Domain Name first, then transfer my Hosting Data Files later?
For safety purposes, it is advisable to transfer your Hosting Data Files first, then transfer your Domain Name next.
Here are the reasons why we highly recommend this:
- Domain Transfer typically takes up to (3) three weeks. (Please refer to our Domain Transfer Process article for more details about the process.)
- Your previous Hosting company may accidentally terminate your Hosting Account.
- Some Hosting Accounts are linked to their Domain. Once the Domain is being transferred out, the Hosting may automatically malfunction.
How do I transfer my Hosting Data Files?
- Back up all your Data Files with your current Hosting company (including Website, Emails, Databases, etc.)
- Have a Hosting Account with Vodien. You may contact our SG or AU Sales Department to check which Hosting Plan best suits your needs.
- If you already have a Hosting Plan, upload the files to the web space. You may refer to our articles about uploading files via File Manager or FTP.
- Do a Domain Transfer.
If you have any difficulty in the transfer process, drop us an email or give us a call and we will gladly assist you.
(Visited 494 times, 1 visits today)