Just like enabling SMTP with email clients, automatic account set up may work on different mobile devices but could encounter issues in the long run. There is nothing wrong with automatic account set up, however, doing manual set up on your device is what we recommend.
If your email address has been set up, you can review your settings and go through possible changes. The steps below are for Apple and Android users.
These steps are for iPhone and iPad with iOS 11 to iOS 13:
- Tap on Settings.
- Select Passwords & Accounts and select the email address.
- Tap Account and select SMTP under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Tap Primary Server.
- Tap on Authentication and select Password. Tap Done.
These steps are for users using the default Email program for their Android phones with Android 9 to 10:
- Tap on Email
- Select the email address, and tap on the 3 dots on the top right. Click Settings.
- Select your email address under Accounts, if you have 2 or more emails.
- Under Advanced Settings, tap Outgoing Settings.
- Checkbox for ‘Require sign-in’.
- Click Done.
Click on the guided link for more details on how to set up your email address on desktop or mobile devices.