Learn how to export and import emails in Windows Live Mail by following the instructions from this article.
- Open Windows Live Mail application.
- Click on the drop down arrow beside Tools icon, choose Export email, and click on Email messages.
- Select Microsoft Windows Live Mail, and click on Next.
- Click on the Browse button to locate the folder where you want the files to be exported.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the folders of the email account you want to export.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Email messages will now be exported.
Open Windows Live Mail.
Click on the File menu, select Import, and then click Messages.
Select the format you want to import the emails from most likely it would be Windows Live Mail if the backup is from there and click Next button.
Locate the backup by clicking Browse button.
Select the folder that contains the email messages.
Click OK button and then click Next to proceed.
You may choose on All Folders radio button to import everything that is inside the backup and click Next.
Once the importing process is done, click on Finish button.
All imported emails are saved under Storage folders -> Imported Folders -> Local Folder in Windows Live Mail.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.