Squarespace is a website builder designed to help creatives build their own website and showcase works online, no matter the technical ability.
If you’ve registered a domain with Vodien, you can easily connect it to your Squarespace website by doing two things:
|Note: The steps in this guide will only work if your Vodien registered domain is using Vodien’s name servers:
You can access your Vodien account manager and follow this linked guide to check and update your name servers before mapping your domain with Squarespace.
Step 1: Map Your Vodien Domain
Add your domain name on Squarespace using these steps:
- Log in to your Squarespace account.
- Click on the website that you wish to connect to your Vodien domain.
- On the left-side menu, click Settings, then click Domains.
- Click on the Use a Domain I Own button.
- Enter your Vodien registered domain name in the field below Domain Name and click Continue.
- Click on the Connect From Provider button.
- Select Other from the drop-down list and click Connect Domain.
- A pop-up box will appear, which says Connecting In Progress. Click OK.
- The specific DNS Settings that you need to set up on Vodien will be displayed next.
|IMPORTANT: The records above are sample data only. You will need to go through the actual process of adding your domain on Squarespace to generate the correct DNS Settings.|
Copy the DNS Settings so you don’t lose them. Now you’re ready for step 2.
Step 2: Update Your DNS Records
By this point, you should have the DNS records provided by Squarespace with you. Although the settings will be specific to your website, the type of records they will provide will most likely be two CName Records and four A Records.
You can add these DNS records via your Vodien Account Manager or Hosting Manager. Visit this guide for steps on How to Add your CName and A Records.
Using the sample data in step 1 number 9, this is how they should appear if added via Account Manager:
And, this is how they should appear if added via Hosting Manager:
There will be a propagation period of 24 hours after making these changes. Should you have any problem with anything related to Squarespace and their account, please visit Squarespace support. Otherwise, please contact our 24/7 Singapore or Australia Support Team if you have further questions.