There are at least two ways to set up your Exchange Email on your Android phone: Email app (default) or Outlook. You can choose between the two applications where you can start sending and receiving emails. Of course, you still have the option to connect your Exchange Email using the IMAP or POP protocol. Be mindful that using the previous protocols, you won’t be able to enjoy the features that Exchange Email provides.
You can skip through the steps on which application you’d like to use:
If you are having troubles with the current setup of your email account, you can click the link to the steps on how to edit your current email setup.
Your Email application can cater to different types of email accounts: basic email, Email Exchange, Google, etc. Below are the steps on how to set up your Email Exchange account:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on Users & Accounts or Accounts.
3. Choose Add an account. Tap Exchange or Corporate.
4. Enter your Exchange email, username, and password.
5. Tap Sign In. A pop-up will come up, tap Agree.
6. Under Account setup screen, enter the following information:
|Email Address||Type in your Exchange email address.|
|Domain||Leave this blank.|
|Username||Type in the Exchange email address.|
|Password||Type the password to your Exchange email.|
|Port||Keep suggested port as it is.|
|Security Type||Keep suggested security type as it is.|
7. Tap Next. Tap OK on next pop-up.
8. You may do changes on the Sync frequency or keep suggested options as is. Tap Next.
9. Tap Activate.
You can open your Email application to check all your emails are synced.
Make sure that you have installed Outlook app on your Android phone. Once done, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Open Outlook. Tap Get Started.
Or, tap the picture of your email on the top-left, and select the Outlook logo on the left. Enter your Exchange email address and tap Add Account.
Step 2. Enter your Exchange email address and tap Continue.
Step 3. Enter your password. Tap Sign In.
Step 4. You can Skip to add another account or Continue.
You can then go back to the Outlook application to check all your emails syncing.
If you’re having troubles sending or receiving emails either with Email app or Outlook on Android, this is your guide. Click on the app you use to skip to the settings:
1. Go to Email app on your phone.
2. Tap the 3 dots on the top-right. Choose Settings.
3. Under Accounts, tap your Email Exchange account.
4. Scroll to the bottom for Advanced Settings. Select Incoming Settings.
5. You can change the following:
6. Click Done.
Go back to your Email app and check if your emails are coming in.
The Outlook on Android app doesn’t have a way for you to edit your login settings. However, it can let you reset the account. Here’s how:
1. Open Outlook.
2. Make sure that your Email Exchange account is selected before you proceed.
3. Click Settings on the lower-left corner.
4. Under Accounts, tap on your Email Exchange account.
5. Tap Reset Account.
If this doesn’t work, you may remove/delete the account and configure your Email Exchange account again.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our 24/7 Singapore or Australia Support Team if you have further questions.