Error 404 also known as Not Found error means that the server is trying to reach a page which is not accessible. It could be a page that you may have renamed to something else. For example: index.php the file might have been changed to indxe.php.
Here are some ways you can follow to solve your error:
1. Make sure that the start/home page is a valid index file.
- Check the spelling of the index file on your File Manager and check if the extension is also correct. If you have two valid index files in a directory, the server will load the file higher up on the priority list. See the complete list of valid file names.
2. Check that your domain name DNS records are correct.
- If these records are incorrect or misspelled, this could cause the error. Learn more of Vodien’s name servers here. Or if you’re hosting provider is a third-party provider, we recommend contacting them directly.
3. Allow global propagation.
- If you’ve already changed the name servers, please allow at least 2 – 4 hours for propagation. This could take up to 48 hours.
4. Check to ensure that your domain name is up to date.
- An expired domain name will mean that nobody can access your website. Make sure your domain registration is up to date. We recommend setting up domain auto renewal.