AbanteCart is an e-commerce-based website application that you can use if you have an online store. An easy way to install it is through the cPanel (Control Panel) via Softaculous Apps Installer. Softaculous is a cPanel feature where open-source web applications like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, among others, can be installed so that websites can be managed virtually. The website needs to be installed first so that it can be managed via cPanel.
|Important: The domain or subdomain where the AbanteCart will be installed should already be in the cPanel. Follow these links on how to add an addon domain and subdomain in the cPanel.|
Follow the steps below on how to install AbanteCart with Softaculous.
Step 1. Log in to cPanel.
Step 2. Click the Softaculous Apps Installer icon found under Software menu.
Step 3. Hover your cursor to AbanteCart.
Step 4. Click Install.
Step 5. Customise the settings for your AbanteCart store. Take note of the important fields below that need to be configured. You may consult your web developer on what to put for the rest of the boxes. If you are unsure of the specifications, you can leave each box as it is. Other fields can be configured after installation via the AbanteCart admin page.
- Choose Installation URL – Click the drop-down menu to choose the domain where AbanteCart will be installed. Click each tooltip on the corresponding boxes where you are editing to get more details about each field.
|Note: Make sure to leave the In Directory field blank to avoid having this URL: http://yourdomain.website/acart. Correct URL should be http://yourdomain.website.|
- Admin Folder – Put in your preferred directory for the admin page of your AbanteCart store.
- Admin Username – Replace or take note of the username in the box to login to the admin page of Drupal.
- Admin Password – Replace or take note of the password in the box to login to the admin page of Drupal.
- Admin Email – Make sure the email address in the box is functional as this is where Drupal notifications are sent. Otherwise, replace it with any existing email address that you prefer.
Step 6. Click the [+] plus sign beside Advanced Options to see if there are configurations needed to be changed on the section. Click each tooltip on the corresponding boxes that you are editing to get more details about each field.
Step 7. Click the Install button after making sure all necessary details are correct and configured.
Step 8. Wait until the installation is complete. The progress will show on the page as presented in the screenshot below.
A message shown on the screenshot below will appear once the installation is completed. You can now start editing the website by accessing the AbanteCart admin page with the URL provided on the same page or by following the instructions on how to access admin pages.