An easy way to install MediaWiki is through the cPanel via Softaculous Apps Installer. Please be guided by the instructions below.
Install MediaWiki using Softaculous in cPanel
Step 1. Log in to the cPanel.
Step 2. Click on Softaculous Apps Installer under Software panel.
Step 3. Search MediaWiki and select on it.
Step 4. In the installation page of MediaWiki, click on Install.
Step 5. You will be redirected to the settings page. Choose on the following for the Software Setup:
Version: You may either choose on 1.27.1 or 1.19.24.
Protocol: This has http://, http://www., https:// and https://www.
Choose Domain: If you have multiple domain names, choose on the desired domain you want to install MediaWiki for.
In Directory: This will be the directory where the MediaWiki files are saved.
Step 6. In the Site config, enter the Wikiname and Wiki Email (notifications about the site is sent there).
Step 7. In the Admin Account, enter the MediaWiki login credentials such as the Admin Username and password.
Step 8. Choose the language.
Step 9. Try to check the content of the Advanced Options.
You have the option to do the following:
- Database Name – The system will automatically create a new database for the installation.
- Table Prefix – If you don’t want to change this, you may leave it to the system generated table prefix.
- Disable Update Notification – If checked, you will not receive an email notification for updates available for this installation.
- Auto Upgrade – If checked, this installation will be automatically upgraded to the latest version when a new version is available.
- Automated Backups – Softaculous will take automated backups via CRON as per the frequency you select.
- Backup Rotation – If the backup rotation limit is reached, Softaculous will delete the oldest backup for this installation and create a new backup. The backups will utilize your space so choose the backup rotation as per the space available on your server.
Step 10. Click Install.
Take note of your MediaWiki URL and Administrative URL.
Do not hesitate to contact our support team if you have further questions.