This article aims to guide you on how to set up the DNS records in order to link your domain to Shopify site.
Scenario 1: Use Account Manager if the domain name is registered with Vodien and is using Vodien’s name servers.
Scenario 2. Use Hosting cPanel Zone Editor
- if the domain name is registered with another registrar and is using Vodien for Hosting
- if the domain name is both registered and hosted with Vodien
Link your domain to Shopify – Account Manager
Step 1. Log in to your Account Manager.
Step 2. Click ‘Domains’.
Step 3. Choose the domain that you wish to add the DNS Record.
Step 4. Locate External Editor DNS and click “Manage DNS”.
You will be redirected to the DNS page of your domain name. From there, you can delete and/or modify the DNS settings.
Steo 5. From the current A record, replace the default A record to 18.104.22.168.
Step 6. Point the necessary subdomains, for example “www” over to your Shopify-hosted domain, which is YourStoreName.myshopify.com.
Step 7. Click “Update” button.
Link your domain to Shopify – cPanel
1. Login to the cPanel (only applies if you have a hosting account with us at Vodien), and click on the “Zone Editor” under Domains panel.
Note: If you only own a domain with us but not a hosting account, do email in firstname.lastname@example.org for us to assist you in pointing the necessary records.
2. Point your root domain’s “A” record over to Shopify’s IP address, which is 22.214.171.124 and click “Edit Record”
3. Click “Save Record”.
4. Point the necessary subdomains, for example “www” over to your Shopify-hosted domain, which is YourStoreName.myshopify.com and click “Edit Record“
5. Click “Save Record”.
Continue the following steps at your shopify account:
1. From your store admin, click Settings, then Domains to go to your Domains page.
2. Under the sub-header Primary domain click the drop-down menu then click the domain you wish to set as Primary.
3. Make sure that the Redirect all traffic to this domain is checked.
4. Click Save.
5. Your storefront will now be represented by your chosen Primary Domain
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.