Manual installation of Joomla is highly recommended to advance Joomla users. Please be guided with this article for the instructions.
- domain or subdomain name must be pointed to the correct directory
- MySQL Database (You may create a new one)
Manual Installation Joomla
Step 1. Download the Full Package of the latest version of Joomla and save it to your computer.
Step 2. Unzip the file.
Step 3. Upload the files into your webspace via FTP. Make sure that the files are uploaded in the correct directory.
Step 4. Access the domain name in a browser and it should show the Joomla configuration page.
Step 5. In the configuration page, enter the following information:
- Site Name
- Administrator Email
- Administrator Username
- Administrator password (you may need to enter this twice for confirmation)
You may put the site Offline while you are still in the process of creating your website. Click Next button.
Step 5. Enter the Database settings:
- Database Type
- Host Name (you may leave this as the default localhost with Joomla)
- Username (database username)
- Password (database password)
- Database Name
- Table Prefix
Once done, click on Next button.
Step 6. Check the Overview of your website settings. Once you are ready, click Install button.
You may now start creating your website with Joomla.
Do not hesitate to contact our support team if you have further questions.