|Note: This process is only applicable for Magento versions not later than 2.3.|
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of connecting to SSH or FTP in installing Magento, it can still be done in cPanel through File Manager. Follow the instructions below on how to install Magento.
Step 1. Login or Create an account in Magento.
Step 2. On the same browser, access the download page of Magento.
Step 3. Scroll down to Archive (zip/tar) section and select any version not later than 2.3.5-p2.
Step 4. Click the Download button.
Step 5. While waiting for the download to finish, log in to cPanel.
Step 7. In your File Manager, right-click on the uploaded zip file and choose Extract.
Step 8. Wait for the Extraction Results to show. This is the indicator that the file has been extracted. Click the Close button.
Step 9. Access your website’s domain or subdomain on the web browser without the HTTP.
Step 10. Click Agree and Setup Magento.
Step 11. Go through the setup from Steps 1-6. Click the Next button to proceed to the next step.
- Readiness Check – Click the Start Readiness Check button to initiate the checking of system requirements. Fix PHP requirements on your web hosting server if there are requirements not met.
- Add a Database – The details on the highlighted boxes below can be obtained from your web hosting server during the creation of the database. Only the boxes with [*] asterisks are necessary to be filled in but Database Server Password is required for Vodien website hosting.
- Web Configuration – Enter your preferred website URL and admin page URL in the boxes provided.
- Customize Your Store – Choose the Time Zone, Currency, and Language for your website from the drop-down options.
- Create Admin Account – Enter the details for your Magento admin profile. Take note of these details as you will use them to log in to the backend of your website.
- Install – Click the Install Now button to start the installation.
Step 12. Wait for the installation to be completed.
You have now successfully installed Magento and can now login to the admin page to start editing your website. Access the admin link set up from Step 11.3 to access the backend of the website.