|Note: This process is only applicable for Magento versions not later than 2.3.|
If you don’t have access to the Control Panel or Vodien Account Manager, Magento can still be installed via FTP. Follow the instructions below on how to install it.
Step 1. Login or Create an account in Magento.
Step 2. On the same browser, access the download page of Magento.
Step 3. Scroll down to the Archive (zip/tar) section and select any version not later than 2.3.5-p2.
Step 4. Click the Download button.
Step 5. Wait for the download to finish.
Step 6. Locate the file on your computer and extract the compressed file.
Step 7. From your computer, upload all files and folders inside the magento folder to the FTP. You can follow this link to see how to upload files and folders to the FTP client.
Step 8. Access your website’s domain or subdomain on the web browser without the HTTP.
Step 9. Click Agree and Setup Magento.
Step 10. Go through the setup from Steps 1-6. Click the Next button to proceed to the next step.
- Readiness Check – Click the Start Readiness Check button to initiate the checking of system requirements. Fix PHP requirements on your web hosting server if there are requirements not met.
- Add a Database – The details on the highlighted boxes below can be obtained from your web hosting server during the creation of the database. Only the boxes with [*] asterisks are necessary to be filled in but Database Server Password is required for Vodien website hosting.
- Web Configuration – Enter your preferred website URL and admin page URL in the boxes provided.
- Customize Your Store – Choose the Time Zone, Currency, and Language for your website from the drop-down options.
- Create Admin Account – Enter the details for your Magento admin profile. Take note of these details as you will use them to log in to the backend of your website.
- Install – Click the Install Now button to start the installation.
Step 11. Wait for the installation to be completed.
You have now successfully installed Magento and can now login to the admin page to start editing your website. Access the admin link set up from Step 10.3 to access the backend of the website.