You can set up your email account in Outlook 2010, either with or without SSL. Follow the instructions below and ensure that the correct settings are entered for your email setup to complete:
- If this is the first time you’ve opened Outlook 2010, the Welcome to Outlook 2010 Startup window will appear. Click Next twice and continue to step 2.
Otherwise, click the File tab, ensure that Info is selected from the left-side menu, and click Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select the Internet E-mail type of account, then click Next.
- Complete the required information, then tick the box for Remember Password if you do not want to enter your password every time you access your emails from this account and click More Settings.
Your Name: Enter your name or the name that will be displayed to recipients of your sent messages. Email address: Enter your complete email address. Username: Enter your complete email address, again. Password: Enter your email address password. Incoming mail server (POP/IMAP): mail.domain.com Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.domain.com Note: The Incoming and Outgoing mail servers will depend on where your emails are hosted. The above settings are only for emails that are hosted on Vodien‘s servers. If hosted elsewhere, please contact your current email hosting provider.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab at the top of the pop-up box.
- Tick the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected, then click the Advanced tab at the top.
- Refer to the settings below for email setup with SSL and email setup without SSL:
Email setup with SSL:
Incoming server port: 993 if IMAP / 995 if POP
Outgoing server port: 465 if IMAP or POP
Ensure that SSL is chosen from the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down box for both, then click the OK button to save your settings.
Email setup without SSL:
Incoming server port: 143 if IMAP / 110 if POP
Outgoing server port: 25 if IMAP or POP
Ensure that Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down box for both are set to None, then click the OK button to save your settings.
- Click the Next button.
- If the test fails, go through the previous steps and double-check all of your settings in Outlook. If the test is successful, click the Close button.
- Click Finish to complete the setup.