You can set up your email account in Outlook Express, either with or without SSL. Follow the instructions below and ensure that the correct settings are entered for your email setup to complete:
- Open Outlook Express.
- Click Tools, then click on Accounts.
- On the pop-up box, click Add and select Mail.
- Enter your name in the Display name field and click Next.
- Enter your complete email address in the field provided and click Next.
- Select POP3 or IMAP from the drop-down menu for My incoming mail server.
- Enter your Incoming mail server name: mail.domain.com.
- Enter your Outgoing mail server name: mail.domain.com, then click Next.
- Enter your email address in the Account Name field and your email password in the Password field, then click Next.
Note: Tick the Remember Password option if you do not want to be prompted for the password each time you send or retrieve emails.
- Click Finish.
- Double click on the newly-created email account.
- Select the Servers tab at the top and tick on the My server required authentication option under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Click Apply and click on the Advanced tab at the top.
- Refer to the settings below for email setup with SSL and email setup without SSL:
Email setup with SSL:
Incoming server port: 993 if IMAP / 995 if POP
Outgoing server port: 465 if IMAP or POP
Enable This server requires a secure connection (SSL) for both.
Email setup without SSL:
Incoming server port: 143 if IMAP / 110 if POP
Outgoing server port: 25 if IMAP or POP
Disable This server requires a secure connection (SSL) for both.
- Click Apply, then click OK. Your email account has been successfully set up.