When transferring to a different hosting provider/server or switching from IMAP to POP and vice versa, you need to manually back up all your email files to make sure you don’t lose anything important.
Learn how you can Export and Import your email files in Outlook Express with this guide.
Back up all your email files with the Outlook Export feature using these steps:
- Open Outlook and click File from the top menu.
- Click Export and choose Messages.
- Click OK button when you see: “This will export messages from Outlook Express Mail“
Once you’ve set up your email account using your new server settings, you can easily restore all your emails with the Outlook Import feature using these steps:
- Open Outlook Express and click File from the top menu.
- Click Import, then click Mail Account Settings.
- Click Microsoft Windows Messaging or Exchange or Outlook, then click Next.
- Click the e-mail account you want to Import, then click Next.
- Verify the server settings for the account in the Confirm Settings dialog box.
- Do either of the following:
- Click Change Settings if you want to make changes, click Next, then make the necessary changes.
- Or, click the Next button.
- Click Finish to begin the importing process.