.SG is the country code for Singapore, the must-have Singapore Domain Name for all Singaporean individuals and businesses.
Vodien is your officially accredited registrar for all .SG Domain Names.
A .SG Domain doesn’t mean you need to give up your existing .com address — our support team can help you to easily point your new .SG address to your existing Domain’s website hosting.
- .SG is the official Domain Name of Singapore.
- .SG is a unique, focused and memorable address, giving you a competitive advantage online.
- .SG can be used with your existing address and our range of products can help you to further enhance your online presence.
- .SG has (5) five Singaporean Domain Names: .sg, .com.sg, .org.sg, .edu.sg, .per.sg
.SG Domain Name Registration Requirements
- .sg – Available to all individuals with a valid Singapore Postal Address and Singapore Pass ID (SingPass ID) and designed for personal use.
A foreign .sg Domain applicant must appoint and duly authorise a local agent as their administrative contact. The administrative contact must furnish a valid Singapore Postal Address for SGNIC‘s records.
- .com.sg – Available for Commercial/Business Entities registered or in the process of registering with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Businesses outside Singapore may submit an original and complete copy of their Business Certificate, which will be subject for SGNIC‘s approval.
- .org.sg – Available to Organisations that are either registered or in the process of registering with the Registry of Societies (ROS).
- .edu.sg – Available to Educational Institutions that are either registered or in the process of registering with the Ministry of Education (MOE) in Singapore.
- .per.sg – Available for Personal Domain Name registration and is intended for Singaporean residents only. A SingPass ID or personal identity number is required upon registration.
.SG Domain Name Renewal
The Renewal Date depends on whether you manually renew your Domain Name or set it to Auto-Renew. We will attempt Auto-Renewal (7) seven days before its expiry date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt the Renewal (3) three days before its expiry date.
Should the Auto-Renewal feature fail, you will need to manually renew the Domain to secure continued ownership.
.SG Domain Name Transfer
It takes (7) seven days to complete a Transfer Process of a .SG Domain Name from one registrar to another after registration, and will require an authorisation code upon initiation of Transfer.
.SG Domain Name Privacy
Unfortunately, Domain Privacy Protection is not available for .SG Domain Names.
- Which registry controls .SG Domain Names?
All .SG Domain Names are controlled by the Singaporean Registry: SGNIC.
- Can I backorder .SG Domain Names?
Yes, we currently support the backorder of .SG Domain Names.
- Can I move my .SG Domain Name between accounts?
Yes, but when you move the Domain Name, the Registrant’s first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Can I change the contacts on .SG Domain Names?
If you want to update the contact information for your .SG Domain Name, please contact our support team.
- Can I forward .SG Domain Names?
Yes, you can forward .SG Domain Names.
- Name Server requirements for .SG Domain Names
There must be at least one valid Name Server per Domain Name. Otherwise, the Domain will be suspended in the Registry record. Moreover, all specified Name Servers must be set up correctly for the Domain Name to operate.