|IMPORTANT: This article is for customers using any of our Web Hosting and Business Hosting plans ONLY. VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Reseller accounts will have a different process.|
An External Domain is a Domain Name that’s NOT registered or managed through Vodien.
With Vodien, you can purchase a Web/Business Hosting product and connect it to an External Domain so it becomes the Main Domain. Or, depending on your Hosting plan, you can also create a website for your External Domain by adding it to your Vodien cPanel (or Hosting Manager) as an Addon Domain.
Whether you’ve connected your External Domain to our Hosting as the Main Domain or as an Addon Domain, this guide will help you remove it so you can transfer or connect it to a different cPanel.
Step 1: Remove Your External Domain
Before you can transfer your External Domain Name to a different cPanel, you first need to remove its connection from its current server (Hosting).
There are (2) two types of removal processes, which depends on how your External Domain is currently connected to the Vodien cPanel. You can:
- Remove an External Main Domain
- Remove an External Addon Domain
Removing an External Main Domain
|Note: Use this guide if the External Domain Name that you wish to remove is currently connected to your cPanel as its Main Domain.|
Since the Domain Name is registered elsewhere, you will need to contact your Domain’s current Registrar to change the name servers back to their default settings. In case you have a different email provider, take note of their MX records or mail servers and inform your Registrar.
After managing your Domain’s name servers, you can proceed with removing it from the Vodien cPanel. However, because the cPanel needs to have a Main Domain connected to it, removing the External Domain will simply mean replacing it with another Domain.
Here is how you can remove and replace your External Main Domain:
- Visit the Vodien SG or AU website.
- Click My Account at the top of the page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Web Hosting from the top menu.
- Click on the Web Hosting plan that you wish to manage. If you only have (1) one Web Hosting plan, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Click on the Hamburger Menu, then select Change Domain.
- On the Change To section, set the new Main Domain for your cPanel, then click Accept Change:
- If your Domain Name is registered with Vodien, click Select from My Account and choose the Domain Name to use from the drop-down list.
- If your Domain Name is another External Domain, click Enter a domain or subdomain, then enter the Domain Name in the field provided.
Congratulations! You’ve now removed the External Domain and set a new Main Domain for your cPanel. Please allow at least 15 – 30 minutes for the change to take effect.
Removing an External Addon Domain
|Note: Use this guide if the External Domain Name that you wish to remove is an Addon Domain.|
Since the Addon Domain is not the Domain Name that is directly connected to the cPanel, you can easily remove it using the following steps:
- Log in to the cPanel using this link format: http://yourdomain.com/cpanel/
(Replace yourdomain.com with the Main Domain Name connected to your hosting.)
- Scroll down to the Domains panel, and click on the Addon Domains icon.
- Look for the Domain Name that you wish to remove, then click on its corresponding Remove option under the Actions column.
- On the confirmation page, click on the Remove button to proceed.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully removed your External Addon Domain. This will take effect immediately.
Step 2: Connect Your External Domain
There are (3) three ways you can connect an External Domain to your hosting service with Vodien:
- Replace the Main Domain
- Add It as an Addon Domain
- Purchase a New Web/Business Hosting
Replacing the Main Domain
If you have another existing cPanel with Vodien, you can use the same steps above under “Removing an External Main Domain” to connect your External Domain to your other cPanel.
Adding It as an Addon Domain
If you have another existing cPanel with Vodien but do not want to replace the Main Domain, you can add it as an Addon Domain using this guide.
Purchasing a New Web/Business Hosting
If you wish to connect your External Domain to a new Web/Business Hosting with us, you can purchase your desired plan and connect it your External Domain using this guide.
Whichever method you decide to use, you will need to contact your current Domain Registrar to update your name servers to the following:
- Name Server 1: NS1.VODIEN.COM
Host Address: 188.8.131.52
- Name Server 2: NS2.VODIEN.COM
Host Address: 184.108.40.206
- Name Server 3: NS3.VODIEN.COM
Host Address: 220.127.116.11
Congratulations! You’ve now transferred your External Domain to another cPanel.